Job Opportunity – Technical Sales Engineer with Sprimag Automated Coating Systems in Cincinnati, OH
As the Technical Sales Engineer at Sprimag, you will play a critical role as the interface between the customer and the technical and commercial functions within our organization. The role spans from early customer commercial and technical sales discussion, all the way through the delivery and commissioning of the machine, and including some after sales coordination support.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
Sales Development Phase:
- Lead direct communication with clients/prospects to determine technical specifications of their equipment needs.
- Development of technical and commercial proposals, including estimating facets, with support of the Sprimag Senior Leadership Team (SSLT).
- Presentation and explanation of tailor-made solutions to the customer via face-to-face meetings or via video conferencing tools.
- Proposal optimization and commercial negotiation.
- Project acquisition / closing with the support of the SSLT or autonomously.
Engineering and Manufacturing Phase:
- Supervise the engineering of the mechanical design of the machine / painting automation system with support of the SSLT
- Coordinate with engineering personnel at the Company’s’ German headquarters
- Participate in the engineering phase of electrical design of the machine / painting automation system, with support from the Sprimag controls team
- Procurement of components and critical machine elements
- Project management and coordination
- Regular customer communication and status updates
- Financial monitoring of project costs and budget
- Regular reports to management.
- Coordination with customer for installation and commissioning of the painting system
- Internal coordination of Sprimag installation and commissioning resources
- Logistics coordination and shipping to site
- Machine documentation and compliance
- Machine and job acceptance documentation with client
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter, with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other preferred requirements of this position include:
- Mechanical or electrical engineering degree
- Ideally some strong commercial and financial knowledge
- 10 years of initial work experience with a machine builder / system integrator or OEM
- Experience with automated systems and robotics (PLC, HMI, systems engineering, etc.)
- Strong project management capabilities
- Strong communication skills, good listener, good communicator
- Ability to work under stress and in a high-performance environment
- Willingness to travel (25%), domestic and international mobility
- Mastery of software and IT skills, 3D CAD modelling is a plus
- Ability to work in the United States (work authorization)
- German or Spanish language fluency is a plus
- Strong organization and management capabilities are required as well as strong project management capabilities
Sprimag Inc. (North America) is the premier equipment supplier for custom painting systems, surface coating applications, and internal coating equipment. We are the leading provider of custom painting systems for the automotive, aerospace, medical, manufacturing, and consumer products markets.
Sprimag pioneered the development of innovative spray equipment. Its rich legacy started in 1906 and continues today through advanced German engineering, innovative technology, and robust equipment designed specifically for complex production environments like yours. From traditional coating systems to the latest in smart factory, Industry 4.0 and sustainable solutions, companies around the world trust Sprimag.