Technical Sales Engineer, North American Presales
ABOUT THE JOB
The Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) role within the sales process is to fully understand a prospect’s business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging Software AG technology
- Prospect Qualification: The TSE aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with Software AG’s go-to market product and solution capabilities.
- Presales Lifecycle Management: The TSE provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Job Functions
Prospect and Customer Facing
- Own and progress opportunities through the qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
- Respond to the functional and business requirements, and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs
- Engage with the sales representative and ensure a prospect’s business needs can be addressed with Software AG’s go-to market capabilities.
- Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect’s business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible Software AG solution
- Able to listen and analyze a prospect’s requirements and present a compelling business value message of the proposed solution
- Demonstrated ability to present technology solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Ability to craft, review and augment Proof of Concept documents, SOWs, and various project plans involving Software AG technologies.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple opportunities at a time
Technology and Consultative Skills
- Provide planning, architecting and managing of solutions to highly complex problems and challenges
- Strong understanding and speaking knowledge about Software AG's platform or related platforms in the market
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- 5+ years practical architecture and design experience Integration technologies
- 3+ years in Consulting management role including, business development, mentoring, technology solutions development, basic marketing and relationship management
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, network architectures and distributed computing
- Firm understanding and hands on experience with Cloud providers i.e. Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle etc…
- Competency in various languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Node.js, Python, R, Swift, .NET)
- Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts and technologies (SOA, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare etc…)
- Proven track record in handling multiple customers/opportunities at the same time and driving the opportunities to a successful sales closure.
We have an open-minded culture and many exciting projects where you have the freedom to “be your best you”. You’ll have opportunities for international collaboration on top of a comprehensive training and development program that encourages professional growth. We are in an innovative market and offer future-proof products. Most importantly, an overall a pleasant team-oriented working atmosphere.
This is a fast-paced environment - we are looking for smart, high energy candidates who are driven to make a big impact and who want to work alongside a growing team. We collaborate often so you must be team player! The perfect candidate will thrive on the prospect of taking on new challenges and helping Software AG increase its leadership in the digital transformation marketplace!
What to Expect
- The employees are smart, friendly and welcoming
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- 6 weeks of PTO – 3 weeks of vacation and 3 weeks of sick leave
- 14 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Parental Leave
- Corporate discount purchase programs
- Group legal plans
- Pet Insurance
- And MANY more
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.