New Century Software (the “Company”) is a leader in developing data management and integrity management solutions for the oil and gas pipeline industry. These pipelines transport natural gas and hazardous liquid petroleum products throughout the US and the world. The company develops desktop, web, and mobile applications that help pipeline operators manage information about pipeline assets and ensure safe operation. The company supports these implementations and applications with professional services that include pipeline risk analysis, data conversion, data migration, and consulting.
The Technical Sales Engineer role reports to the Sr. Director of Business Development. The position acts as a liaison between the Sales team, Clients, and the Software Engineering/Product teams. This position provides the operational bridge between the Software Engineering team and the Sales and Marketing team to best represent our products and processes in the marketplace.
Success in this position requires an intimate understanding of client expectations, workflows, and how users of the software engage with the tool suite. The ability to demonstrate the software in a manner that shows the New Century Software solution helping our clients solve their business problems is essential.
Responsibilities are presented in order of priority and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaison with Sales and Marketing
- Provide technical marketing and initial through advanced stage consultation
- Conduct technical demonstrations either onsite or via web service
- Gain and demonstrate proficiency in the Data and Integrity applications; support workflow and process tools
- Build customer pilot and proof of concept projects
- Build and maintain software platform and data sets in conjunction with WFI team
- Provide customer and competitor intelligence input
- Liaison with Software Engineering
- Direct communication with software engineering leadership
- Translation and validation of market requirements
- Work closely with the Software Quality team
- Sales and Marketing
- Provide input for marketing collateral (i.e. value and differentiation)
- Provide research for the integration of 3rd party processes and platforms
- Develop presentations for use in client calls and trade shows.
- Assist in responding to Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) opportunities
- Other related responsibilities as determined by the Company
- Education and Industry Experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in GIS, Geography, Marketing or related technical field is required
- Three to five years of sales experience
- Extensive experience with pipeline integrity or data management software platforms
- Enterprise computing knowledge and an appropriate technical background in GIS is desirable
- Pipeline, GIS and other linear corridor GIS industry experiencerequired.
- Software scripting/development or other customer programming capabilities a plus
- Understanding of database (DB) repositories, web technologies, and experience in SaaS environments a plus
- Personal Skills:
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience succeeding in a teamwork environment
- Ability to build internal networks required to accomplish business goals
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and meet the deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Primary Location: Houston, TX
- Position: Full-Time
- Travel: 50% - 75%