About NokiaSee More
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world's most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
The Technical Sales Enablement Manager's primary responsibility is to act as an internal focal point for technical information, collateral, and training related to their assigned products and technologies. The TSEM combines a deep understanding of optical networking with the ability to clearly articulate the technical capabilities and differentiators of Nokia Optical Networking product and services portfolio.
The TSEM drives comprehensive technical sales enablement activities, particularly the creation of a continuously updated library of "customer-ready" technical sales presentations and competitive analysis. The TSEM closely collaborates with product line management (PLM), new product introduction (NPI), regional business centers (RBC), and customer experience (CX, aka Sales) to act as a clearinghouse for the latest information related to product releases and 12-18 month roadmap.
The TSEM is a subject matter expert with a knack for reducing complexity; explaining complex technologies and solutions in a clear, concise and audience-appropriate way. The TSEM is comfortable creating material for and explaining solutions to all levels within the customer organization, from engineering subject matter experts to the CTO.
In addition to technical aptitude, the TSEM's exhibits confident and refined interpersonal and presentation skills. The TSEM combines a passion for technology with a strong ambition for continuous education. The TSEM has a relentless focus on quality and eye for detail. The TSEM takes pride in his work and is constantly striving for improvement to advance Nokia's business and ultimately the customer's success. Not only does the TSEM keep themself updated on the 'latest and greatest', and also enables the Nokia field to stay up-to-date by sharing information frequently and through multiple channels.
As a result of their close interaction with Nokia field teams and customers, the TSEM is an expert at gathering market requirements and identifying portfolio gaps. They act as a technical advocate for the customer and advises the Optical Network Division on future product development based on their extensive field experience.
Through close interaction with Sales, RBC teams, and customers, the TSEM has a clear overview of the competitive situation. The TSEM understands the competitors' portfolio and can elaborate on its strengths and weaknesses. The TSEM summarizes and distributes competitive information for the benefit of other teams within the larger Nokia organization.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Conduct in-depth technical product and technology support for the Optical Networking Divisional portfolio.
• Develop and maintain a library of continuously updated "customer-ready" presentations at multiple technical levels for use by business group executives, sales, and RBC teams.
• Consult with outbound marketing on technical aspects of customer-facing marketing campaigns.
• Assist RBC tendering teams with RFx responses
• Conduct workshops and trainings for both internal teams, partners, and customers
• Speak about Nokia Optical Networking technologies and portfolio at trade shows, events, and customer meetings
• Articulate new customer requirements, trends, and issues to PLM and engineering teams
Skills And Experience:
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as this role requires significant interaction with PLM and global field personnel and will require the creation of cogent, well-organized, and well-written technical material.
• Must have in-depth technical knowledge in the following areas:
• Service Enablement
• Service Assurance
• Network Automation
• Health & Analytics
• Open APIs
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in defining initial goals and addressing complex issues as they arise.
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% (Domestic and International)
• Problem solver
• Independent thinker
• Detail oriented
• Innovative & creative
• Strong social & interpersonal skills
• Responsive - ability to quickly adapt and act upon new information
• Passionate about optical and networking technology
• Results oriented
• 5-10+ years optical networking experience in fields such as technical or product marketing, sales, or engineering
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
Valid through: 7/6/2021