Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Technical Sales - Coatings to join our client?s growing team in Norwalk, CT . This position offers a very competitive salary per year plus insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
- Must be a self-motivated , driven to succeed and have a strong sense of competitive urgency.
- Well organized.
- Excel lent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to interact well with customers and R&D personnel.
- Innovative and persistent.
- Strong sales skills.
- Ability to translate customer needs into new sales opportunities .
- Ability to under stand technical aspects of existing products and apply that knowledge to new sales opportunities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering .
- Minimum 10 years in sales of specialty chemicals and additives.
- Must have current knowledge of the requirements of the coatings market s .
- Strong background pertaining to the application of specialty additives in these markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sustain relationships with current customer base while working to grow their sales .
- Pursue new sales opportunities in the various market segments of coatings .
- Capitalize on new sales opportunities by coordinating customer needs with R&D to develop new products.
- Technical sales presentations to customers and professional societies.
- Follow - up on customer requests and sample requests.
- Interact with technical personnel (R&D Tech. Serv.) and provide technical assistance to customers.
- 5 0 % Business travel calling on customers.
- Participates in company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with I SO 9001.
- Maintain a general knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements.
Towne & Locke is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.