Technical Sales - AFM and Nanomaterials Testing
Less than 5 years experience •
Our client is a world leader in laboratory equipment and services, and has an opportunity for a Technical Sales Representative (TSR) for its industry leading analytical instrumentation used in R&D laboratories. The TSR will be selling products for Atomic Force Microscope and Nanomaterials Testing include indentation testers, scratch testers, tribometers (high temperature and linear reciprocating), and calotest instruments (coating thickness characterization).This position will be covering MN, WI, MI, IA, IL, IN, OH, KY, MO, AK, TN, MS, AL, LA, AR with an ideal base in either Chicago or St Louis.
- The successful candidate must have sales experience and strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with PhD level scientists and QC technicians
- Must have a technical background in testing, mechanical engineering or material science is required along with the ability to train customers on complex instrumentation
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success
- Overnight travel is required
- Candidate must have a B.S. degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field and at least 2 years' experience in technical sales of analytical instrumentation
- Prior sales experience in mechanical characterization is a plus but not required
The client offers a highly competitive six figure compensation package (salary, uncapped commission, profit sharing), company car and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family that starts on day one.