We are looking for a Technical Revenue Accounting Manager who will be a key contributor to the management and execution of our revenue recognition process, including supporting contract negotiation and deal structure, evaluating contracts for revenue recognition considerations, and refining revenue recognition policies and procedures, while maintaining compliance with GAAP requirements. You have a strong technical accounting, with a focus on revenue recognition, and at least 5 years of experience at global public company or public accounting firm. You are able to support and build consensus across cross functional teams and have the demonstrated ability to identify continuous process improvement and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Support our sales, sales operations, legal, billing operations, and accounting teams during contract negotiation and fulfilment/billing processes, provide guidance on deal structure to align with operating objectives, and ensure executed contracts are properly recorded
- Partner with legal, billing operations and accounting teams to ensure that revenue is recognized appropriately
- Analyze customer contracts to identify revenue recognition considerations and draft technical whitepapers supporting conclusions for complex contracts/transactions
- Streamline/automate customer contract review process and systems
- Refine revenue recognition policies and technical accounting conclusions
- Develop analytics and assist FP&A and Accounting teams with revenue forecasting and other key operating metrics
- Review reconciliations and other key processes within the revenue recognition close process
- Ensure compliance with key controls in the revenue recognition process and support audit requirements
- Lead special projects as needed, including the evaluation of new accounting standards, process automation, acquisitions, and capital markets and other complex transactions
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA with Big Four experience preferred
- 5+ years experience in revenue/accounting role
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 principles and US GAAP
- Proven ability to work in a face-paced work environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Ability to critically evaluate complex technical revenue recognition issues and identify solutions
- Experience working with cross functional teams to provide support and guidance
If you've reached this point in the job description and feel you're still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay. If you're feeling like you're not going to fit in with our teams - that's not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it's a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We're committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.