Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A010958 - Technical Representative - Bloom Lake, QC
Drives customer productivity (and corresponding Orica profitability) through the application of Orica technologies and blasting best practice to thefulfillment of specific customer needs. Supports the delivery the overall commercial objectives of the business unit.
This role is responsible for delivery of Technical service offerings within theregional business unit. This role is vital in the identification, valuation, scoping and execution of key customer blasting process improvements, and therealization of value for Orica for the delivery of these improvements.
This role reports to the Director of Technical Services – Regional and forms an integral part of the Tech Service Team. This role interacts strongly with the Tech Services Director, Operations and customers.
You must live in the area and be open to working a Mon - Fri schedule. This position doesn’t offer a fly-in fly-out rotation.
Safety, Health, Environment & Security
• Ensure all SH&E actions are completed as appropriate
• Provide advice to the business unit in Technical Service and blasting related issues
• Drive the elimination of misfires and flyrock events throughout the region
• Ensure the safe use of Orica’s strategic products through customer product stewardship.
• Deliver personal SH&E plan in line with regional SH&E Plan.
• Manage personal activities in line with Orica’s SHE policy.
• Manage technical support for the handling of customer complaint issues and be first point of
Commercial Ownership – run the business as if its your own
• Assist in selling value added product and service offerings through the TS to achieve overall
• Regional Business financial objectives, including but not limited to:
• EBS conversion
• Energy matched Bulk offerings
• Further UG services including Bulk development conversion
• Advanced Services (BBS)
• Take a role in CI project (differentiated upsell) initiatives
• Drive direct Technical Services revenue
Creative Customer Solutions
• Be point of Technical Services excellence for Business Unit
• Improve customer productivity (and therefore profitability) through the application of strategic products and technologies, embedding Orica into the customer’s operation
• Deliver value to OMS through:
• Identify opportunities for Orica technology & innovation
• Commercialisation of value added products
• Manage the sale, implementation & sustainability of value added products
• Ensure delivery of customer KPI’s ( customer expectations are exceeded )
• Develop strong relationships with new and existing corporate & site personnel
• Train junior members of TS team to develop a strong, customer focused, innovative team.
• Ensure that succession plan is in place for self.
• Establish and maintain strong cross functional relationships to deliver key initiatives and maximize returns for Orica & the customer.
• Promotion of value added products & services through the TS team atindustry conferences, case studies, papers, magazine articles and customer functions
Experience and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
• Mining Engineering degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years relevant industrial.
• You must be fluent in French. The site operates with French as theprimary language.
• Developed drill and blast technical expertise.
• Sound planning capability.
• Effective communication abilities across all levels of the organisation.
• Sound overall Mining knowledge.
• Good customer relationship skills.
• Results Orientation
• Commercial Focus
• Critical Information Seeking
• Customer Service Focus
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.