This position is responsible for leading a team of Avionics Systems Technical Writers who support the creation of system level technical publications, products, and services for Collins Aerospace customers. This position will be responsible for supervising personnel and all processes related to capturing requirements, monitoring development and delivery of publications, and assessing effectiveness and quality of products.
This position is responsible for hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising staff. This position will support the Mission and Avionics business units in bidding, planning, and scheduling product development work and coordinate with other leaders in establishing and executing plans.
- Responsible for ensuring high rates of customer satisfaction for PTS Avionic content products and services
- Responsible for the assigned team (s) meeting quality, cost and schedule requirements for assigned projects
- Work directly with Program/Project management to efficiently allocate resources to meet product delivery
- Assign work to each employee according to their specialization and knowledge of the required tools, and so that it provides the best added value to the customer requirements.
- Fully understand each employee's specialization and knowledge level on tools and Collins Aerospace products
- Develop training plans for each employee to ensure their continued success and growth
- Responsible to build/promote a team atmosphere focused on innovation, customer satisfaction, and efficient work effort
- Communicate to upper management goals, objectives, and metrics
- Ability to communicate with a cross function team of Program, Project, and Resource Managers
- Developing strategic planning for enterprise and organizational development initiatives: Talent Management; Performance Management; Change Management.
- Monitor demand from customers and programs and ensure staffing is adequate for anticipated work
- Approve estimate for bid and proposal processes in Bid Master Web (BMW)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge in areas of Technical Writing of Systems & Aircraft Maintenance
- Knowledge of Industry Specifications – ATA-2200, S1000D, MIL Specs
- Experience in team driven process improvement methodologies (ACE, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Knowledge in engineering development processes
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Strong verbal communication, writing and presentation skills
- Experience in producing technical data in MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, ArborText Editor
- US Citizenship Required
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- Position may require ability to obtain an active DoD Security Clearance
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.