Develop detailed schedules for technical solution projects. Provide project tracking and oversight on time management, deliverables risk, customer expectations and relationships with both internal, external and 3rd party suppliers. Position will require working directly with development teams/manager and test leads for coordinating schedules, communications and expectations including understanding features, backlog, and bugs and the sprint cycle planning.
The specific work area may be with a solution application project or a client customization, to coordinate schedules and deliverables between cross-functional solution and device platform teams. The technical project manager will also interface and present to business teams, being the primary technical focus into the project. Ensure adherence of the technical deliverables to the Corporate TFE process and metrics for software applications.
- Create, plan, and communicate development status of the software delivery:
- Creating and Maintaining A, B and C level plans for each release.
- Create and maintain engineering status reports for the offering managers and teams.
- Create and maintain engineering CMO status, and coordinate and/or drive to closure the items tracked on the CMO. Ability to assess and analyze, at a high-level, program requirements to anticipate risks and impact to schedule, and set the correct customer expectations.
- Proactively clearly communicate to both development and senior management team barriers or issues that will impede the delivery of application.
- Maintain a level of credibility to ensure complex activities involving many groups can be accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Create and maintain the technical input to artifacts needed for the TFE process for software applications.
- Abiding by the Corporate licensing policies for each software delivery, including working with Corporate Licensing team, and within the Black Duck and Code Center process
- Ensure software releases have been evaluated for Export Control, including obtaining ECCN for overall software release, open source & purchased software components
- Ensure deliverables/solutions are coordinated across the functional areas and that the proper versions are bundled and handed off to the delivery channel
- Independence: Is self-directed. Takes initiative with a minimal level of direction. Confident, knowledgeable and comfortable making decisions as appropriate per the direction and pace of the project.
- Teamwork: Can organize and motivate effective teams.
- Client Satisfaction: Takes responsibility for ultimate client satisfaction.
- Verbal: Can prepare and deliver presentations to technical audiences without assistance.
- Written: Can write documents that are suitable to give to clients with little or no review.
- Can identify issues or interdependencies with other group deliverables and communicate them effectively to the management team.
- Task Estimation: Can estimate and size tasks for others.
- Project Decomposition: Can decompose complex projects into components, identify dependencies, and predict completion times.
- Ability to coordinate activities amongst peers who may have significantly more technical, business and product knowledge.
- Familiar with TFS and/or Jira database tracking software systems.
- Comprehend and communicate solution workflows and interactions with integrated systems (including 3rd party software).
- Comprehend roadmap and trends of project by working closely with the Project Management and Development teams.
- Maintain a system focus with awareness to the customer requirements and environment.
- Work with many cross functional groups and stakeholders to fully comprehend the project needs and translate into project deliverables.
- Degree in engineering a plus or related technical discipline with at least 5 years technical experience.
- Minimum 5 years with project management in a technical field.
- Experience with Content Capture systems a plus.