The Project Manager is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and other key project management activities and behaviors through this merger of equals. This person is driven and performs well in high intensity environments while leading effective workgroups, assigns tasks, identifies issues, escalates risks, and reports status as required.
- Creates, manages, and understands impacts to project scope, constraints and schedule. Manages projects according to work plan. Performs critical path analysis.
- Develops and routinely reassesses project budgets to account for variances and ensures accuracy. Creates budget reports to compare actual with forecasted costs.
- Creates performance and status reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Develops and manages project risk and issue management plans. Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact on project delivery. Implements procedures to mitigate risk threats.
- Utilizes available tools for identifying and tracking issues such as the Delivery Risk Assessment, risk workshops, and clarity.
- Develops project organization chart and governance structures. Defines roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Defines processes and standards around governance, communication, and quality. Develops deliverable acceptance plans and criteria.
- Identifies and develops strategy for changes in scope, schedule, and cost. Develops strategic rationale for change including costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc.
- Creates transition plan, identifies lessons learned, and applies the lessons learned to future projects.
- Identifies and manages project and program interdependencies.
- Establish program objectives; develop requirements, plan schedules and estimate cost.
- Balance stakeholder needs and effectively negotiate tradeoffs between scope, schedule, and budget.
- Balance needs of multiple stakeholders and gains buy-in from groups who may be resistant to change.
Bachelor's degree in a business or related field is required
Minimum 5 years of Financial Services Industry and/or Consulting experience in a project management function
Minimum 5 years of Card and Payments experience
Minimum 5 years of experience as a project manager, utilizing project management methodologies and disciplines, best practices, and artifacts in Waterfall and/or SCRUM environments
- Financial Services Industry experience
- *Consulting experience
- *Recent experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Sharepoint, and Visio
- *Ability to travel according to client demands