- Accountable for the planning and successful delivery of small to large projects, some with high risk, high complexity and high business impact
- Manages the project team in a matrix environment to ensure all work is completed and correct.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of project delivery including, initiation, planning, execution and close out
- Creates all project documentation to include but not limited to:
- Budget plan
- Project plan
- Process documentation
- Project team playbooks
- Risk matrices
- Manages budget- weekly reports and ensures budget is maintained by identifying issues in spend and correcting process or identifying need for change orders
- Prepares and delivers all project reports
- Maintains project dashboard
- Acts as the single point of contact for the project(s) assigned.
- May manage a project work stream under a senior manager.
- Manages Vendor / Sub-contractor engagements to include but not limited to:
- Create and manage purchase requisitions
- Provide details and assist in the creation of vendor SOWs
- Manage purchase order budgets
- Review and approve vendor invoices
- Manage the vendor work- ensure compliance with SOW deliverables and penalties.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PMP certification
- 5-7 years’ technical project management experience
- Former experience in a various IT roles (Network, Systems Engineer, System Administrator)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced presentation skills and communications with Project Sponsors and Project Team
- Delivery and review of status reports with project team and senior management
- Self-directed with ability to take initiative
- Ability to effectively liaise with peers and management
- Proven ability to direct teams in a matrix environment