Our direct client is looking for a Technical Project Manager/Website SME in Richmond, VA.
- The City of Richmond seeks a consultant with a high level of skill and expertise in enterprise website / mobile application innovation, design and development.
- This consultant will serve as the project manager and business analyst for an effort to implement a new city website and integrated mobile application during the first System Development Life Cycle phases (assessment, analysis and requirements gathering).
- The city will use the determinations made by the consultant to launch a request for proposals (RFP), or to secure a sole source contractor for subsequent design and implementation phases.
- The city will then contractwith an external provider of web and mobile application development services to design, build and implement the new website and integrated mobile application.
- Depending upon the services contracted, the consultant may be retained to continue as project manager for the remainder of the initiative.
- Work with the Office of the Press Secretary (OPS) and executive and project sponsors to define and document the key goals and objectives for the new city public website and mobile application.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan and schedule.
- Conduct assessments of the city’s current website information structure, identify departmental and other user groups to understand and document needs, existing user preferences and to ascertain all usability, interfacing and accessibility issues and priorities.
- Evaluate current information architecture and infrastructure for usability and efficiency.
- Develop a comprehensive new website / mobile application features and functionality requirements document.
- Coordinate with the OPS and executive and project sponsors to ensure best applications prior to website and mobile application deployment.
- Manage the project under the direction of and in collaboration with the Deputy Press Secretary of the OPS and appropriate Department ofInformation Technology (DIT) personnel. This includes key project management functions such as communication, change management activities, schedules and work plans.
- Through a collaborative effort with the OPS and DIT, develop and lead the city through the sole source or RFP process.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of five (5) years experience in public sector website / mobile application design and development.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in the providing project management services.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) projects that included the development and delivery of Web-Content Governance processes and procedures.
- Must have three (3) years of experiencewith state-of-the-art website and mobile application features of responsive design, social media integration, search engineering, search engine optimization, integration of audio, video, video streaming and broadcast television programming, RSS or similar technology to deliver blogs, news feeds and podcasts, along with dynamic event applications such as bill paying, form and licensing application submissions and online calendars, among others.
- Knowledge of and experiencewith the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experiencewith the latest website and mobile application development trends.
- Experiencewith website and mobile application design and redesign, strategies and techniques for reorganizing large amounts of data.
- References must be provided from three (3) municipalities of similar size to Richmond, VA or larger, illustrating and affirming successes in accomplishing the aforementioned tasks and activities.
- Project Management within a digital practice overseeing development of public sector / private websites of significant size and scope - Required - 5Years
- Web-Content Governance processes and procedures - Required - 3Years
- STRONG understanding of all current compliance requirements (Sec 501, 508, 525, and ADA for example) - Required - 3Years
- Experiencewith the latest trends in responsive design, SEO, Search Engineering, Social Media integration, video streaming, and online bill pay - Required - 3Years
- Mobile application design - Required - 3Years
Question 1: Please provide 2 brief project examples (including website URLs) the candidate has DIRECTLY overseen from the required prespective.
Question 2: Has your candidate been submitted to CAI in the past? If so, for which agency and when?
*local candidates strongly preferred
Location: Richmond, VA