Spectralink provides best-in-class Wi-Fi smart phones that enable mobile workers like nurses, warehouse staff and big store sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the world. Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobile workers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission that drive us to WorkSmart.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role of the Technical Project Manager is two-fold. First and foremost, the Technical Project Manager will actively manage professional services projects working directly with clients, Spectralink staff, third party contractors, and channel partners to ensure deliverables are complete, in scope, on time, and within budget. The Project Manager will work with project stakeholders to define or further refine project scope, goals, deliverables, costs, resources and timing and manage projects from inception to completion. The project manager is responsible for identifying critical path items and for reporting status at any given time during the project and at regular intervals.
The Project Manager is expected to use a disciplined project management approach utilizing tools, processes, methodologies, documents and best practices to communicate internally and externally, monitor and control projects, and provide continuous improvement of our existing processes and procedures. The Project Manager must be proactive and will be accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget while meeting contract requirements and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Secondly, the project manager must take an active role in collaborating with the sales team to promote full lifecycle support of Spectralink solutions. The project manager will work with solution architects and the sales team to scope and propose solutions that includethird party and Spectralink professional services. The project manager will serve as a technical resource for the sales team as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an accurate and customized project plan and timelines for each implementation and utilize a centralized project management system to maintain the overall project status.
- Identify project stakeholders, both internal and external, and communicate status on a regular basis through a formally defined and agreed upon process of gates, stages, or phases. Adjust approach based on technical level of project stakeholders as necessary.
- Formally manage scope of project, identify and escalate items that exceed scope of project or that impact timeline or deliverable, ensuring that all stakeholders are advised and written approvals are obtained.
- Define needed team structure and technical requirements for all project members
- Manage subcontractors and third party vendors according to defined scope and statement of work
- Define and scope overall project budget and manage to budget. Obtain approvals for items in excess of original budget and communicate to stakeholders in writing via a project change request. Manage project finances and invoicing.
- Prioritize tasks and effectively manage day-to-day issues and priorities. Document, identify, and communicate risks and risk mitigation strategies to all internal and external stakeholders. Manage and update overall project plan and financials accordingly.
- Maintain documentation related to project including, but not limited to, notes from project reviews, minutes, set-up forms, budget adjustments and project costs, project change orders, etc. in a centralized database accessible to other team members
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders, at minimum, on a weekly basis through regularly scheduled project reviews but also more frequently, if needed.
- Conduct debriefs after each implementation with stakeholders and incorporate feedback to improve process.
- Assist with developing tools and identifying and documenting best practices for successful execution.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience leading large or complex projects and teams in both direct and matrixed environments of varying size and complexity.
- PMP Project Certification highly desirable and strong knowledge of PMP industry standards and requirements.
- Working knowledge of industry standard wireless protocols, IP and legacy telephony..
- Field system integration experience with both hardware and software deployments.
- Extensive hands on project management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills – Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in developing project Statement of Work with project scheduling.
- Ability to develop a rapport with people at all levels of the organization.
- Direct customer interface experience managing projects, financials and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical, tactical, organizational, and administrative skills.