Smarsh is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our Technology team. This role offers the chance to work in a collaborative and curious open environment where you are given the opportunity to innovate and grow. The Technical Project Manager works cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team to lead individual project teams to solve problems, enhanced services and deliver a top-notch customer experience through program project execution. We believe job satisfaction comes from being able to do what you love while working with other talented people, and not forgetting to have fun along the way.
Tasks can range from designing program project activities, positioning client-facing communications to working with non-technology departments to assign resources to achieve program project goals. Teamwork is imperative in handling the wide range of situations and projects we can encounter—we are lively, collaborative, and work in a fast pace environment. The most successful Technical Project Managers work to anticipate client needs, contribute to the team and drive cross-functional team members towards program project goals.
- Project planning: work with leadership to scope individual program projects, creating and managing a detailed work plan for successful completion of projects.
- Work with program manager to determine required resources inside and outside of program team. Collaborate with people managers to identify and assign resources to individual project tasks.
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Drive execution of individual projects to ensure on time delivery within budget.
- Monitor and communicate individual project status to leadership and stakeholders to ensure forward progress, escalating when required. Balance the critical dimensions of scope, schedule and costs.
- Coordinate internal functions and external 3rd party resources as required. Frequent interaction across Smarsh teams, partners, and occasionally customers.
- Document plans, statuses, issue logs, and outcomes for individual projects according to set program standards.
- Ensure that all program project artifacts are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Make data-driven decisions across project lifecycle in the context of larger program needs.
- Lead individual project close tasks to ensure operational readiness for post-project handoff.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and challenging requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-years successfully managing complex cross-functional initiatives
- IT, software, security and/or technology project leadership experience
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, verify scope.
- Ability to lead large and diverse teams
- Outstanding analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Experience with client impact analysis; communication positioning, design and delivery
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Preferred: Hands-on experience within a security or technology team/project.
- Preferred: Experience with a cloud based hosting service (AWS, Azure) or SaaS applications.
- Preferred: Practical experience with security (secure engineering, vulnerability mgmt., incident response) or technology (system administration, network, application, etc.).
- Preferred: Security (CISSP, GSEC, CCSP, CISM) or technology (CCNA, MCSA, AWS) industry certification