Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobilefinancial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Leads and directs teams to deliver a unique, high quality product, service or product support result within a defined schedule, budget, quality and scope.
What will your job look like?
- You will be responsible for oordinating all engineering aspects of the program; administering internal and external team project management, scope management, and program team leadership
- You will deliver defined project outcomes on time, within budget and with a high level of quality
- Building strong client relationship experiences; running multiple concurrent projects with different clients simultaneously; cultivating relationships across design, engineering, and technical teams while serving as an end-to-end liaison in the development.
- Owning and managing communications internally as well as between Amdocs and the customer during the entire project lifecycle; overseeing acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, and managers.
- You will help develop the project's Scope of Work, and is accountable for building and maintaining an ongoing Project Management Plan
- You will build and manage an effective and engaged multi-disciplinary project team to ensure efficient project delivery, usually in a matrix manner
- Achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- You will collect, track and communicate project status to the project team, leadership and program leadership
This senior level role requires capabilities to work on two fronts in parallel:
- First front is full ownership of the program technical aspect, from initial customer contact all the way through to high volume production releases.
- Second front is communication with customer similarly to a consulting role.
All you need is...
- Working knowledge of Agile and/or Lean (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Active enjoyment of technology and demonstrated history of developing technical knowledge
- Understand and have direct experience with SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Ability to read and understand software requirements and wireframes
- Experience with software development tracking tools such as JIRA or Rally
- 3+years of working on new project/product development in one or more of the following technology environments, such as:
- Web and mobile applications
- Proprietary platforms with front- and back-end systems
- Platform as a Service, Software as a Service, etc
- Cloud virtualization
- 6-8 years of experience in end to end project management, with at least 4 years hands of experience in leading at least one of the project management aspects, such as: schedule, budget, resources, risks, etc.
- Proven track record of successful end to end project delivery in Telecom Industry
- Knowledge in telco industry processes, business flows, delivery practices and standards
- Experience communicating with customer IT and business leadership
- In-depth applied knowledge of standard program/project management concepts, practices and procedures
Why you will love this job?
- You will oversee all aspects of the program including but not limited to project scoping, customer engagement management, and management of the design and engineering teams in delivering to the given caliber.
- You will be simultaneously responsible for resolving any issues as they arise and for owning the customer satisfaction goal, while working with engineers to achieve quality in each deliverable
- You will interact daily with customer leaders on IT and business domains
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
Job ID: 57576