We are seeking a tech-savvy Technical Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the planning, execution, and delivery of technology projects as part of the larger product portfolio here at Ranker. You'll work with our CPO while engaging engineering and cross-functional teams to manage and deliver new technology products. Specific tasks on each project will include developing project plans and schedules to match internal project requirements, drafting relevant meeting notes with action items, identifying and resolving issues, communicating status, and providing impact analysis related to product roadmap scope. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for communicating and driving the project prioritization set by the executive team for each product in the Ranker portfolio. You'll serve as the main driver of the team relationship, project communication, and will share PMO best practices across the organization. This Project Manager will work closely with every facet of the Ranker product and with every part of the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Primarily responsible for execution and management of a portfolio of projects, which may include larger projects or smaller enhancements.
- Responsible for scope control with internal & external stakeholders, task execution with the product, design, and development team and relevant upward communication to managers.
- Primarily operates within existing product and technology offerings, working closely with Technology, Product and Sales teams to manage and deliver client implementation & integration projects.
- Helps define process improvements and feedback for large, multi-part projects that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution.
- Gathers necessary assets required for development of each project, including but not limited to: specifications, HTML, copy, images, project tool workflow entries, test data and any additional technical documentation required.
- Provide necessary feedback to project stakeholders that could include specification feedback, escalating issues to managers, and managing scope changes and/or clarifications to project resources.
- Manage handoffs at each stage in the project life cycle according to guidelines specified in the department's development protocol.
- Update relevant project information in the project information database, in real time, as a project status changes.
- Work with senior leadership to prioritize projects across the Ranker portfolio and organize engineering tasks in Jira based on those priorities.
- Provide concise meeting notes to relevant stakeholders with clearly defined action items that can be executed on.
- Run retrospective meetings to discuss potential process improvements with technology teams.
- Run daily standups with product and technology teams to identify task scope and priority.
- 3+ years of working experience in technical project management with the ability to balance multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in directly managing web and mobile applications. A deep understanding of the underlying technological concepts supporting the business applications is a must (relational database models, API integration, presentation-layer integration points). A technology background is a strong asset for this position.
- Successful track record in working with business and technology teams to define, develop, test and launch new products.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with senior and C level management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet overlapping deadlines.
Bonus points if you have:
- PMP and/or CSM certification
- Agile experience
- Working knowledge of the entertainment or publishing industries
- Expert in using and configuring JIRA
- Familiarity with Basecamp