You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for someone to manage our Powertrain development and deployment program as we bring our disruptive technology to market. The Technical Project Manager, Powertrain will support planning, scheduling, organization of, and finalizing the project deliverables on an aggressive timeline.
In this role, you will focus on cost, quality and timing and ensure the team drives and completes the phase-gate review process for each phase of the project.
Good problem-solving skills with first-hand knowledge of PM Tools and the APQP process is an absolute must as you:
- Create/follow timelines to ensure project meets program milestones for the Vehicle Powertrain System
- Collaborate closely with Vehicle Program Management, across departments (marketing, engineering, sales, supply chain, finance, etc.) and with suppliers
- Assist in the development and deployment of the Program Management process
- Support development and implementation of process disciplines
- Drive “Plan for every part” from each subgroup
- Take personal responsibility for the team’s success by holding the team accountable, ensuring proper meeting cadence and elevating effectively when needed
- Train and coach the team to ensure compliance and track all deliverables using an open issues list
- Use risk management approach to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring, elevate risks to management when/if they occur
- Follow tooling sources to track progress and alleviate any issues that may affect timing
- Coordinate or conduct Project Gate Reviews
- Provide regular project status reports to senior management
Success in this role requires someone with expert experience with APQP (PPAP, FMEA, etc.), Gantt charts, open item and responsibility tracking and a minimum of three years’ experience in the automotive/trucking or similar industry with experience in at least one cross functional area (Quality, Engineering, Operations, or Program Management). Additionally, the role requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or closely-related discipline (Masters degree is preferred)
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels & functions
- Experience with vehicle electrification programs
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of problem-solving tools and key performance indicators / metrics
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects crossing over many departmental lines
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- High Energy / Flexible / Adaptable / Dynamic / “can-do” attitude
- High comfort and confidence level while giving presentations to room of peers and/or stakeholders
- Ability to influence and thrive within a rapidly changing / growing matrix organization
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally ~ 10-20%
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.