$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Technology COO - Wealth Management Portfolio Management
The Wealth Management Technology COO is responsible for Financial, Resource, Portfolio and Risk Management, as well as day-to-day operations for Wealth Management Technology. Together, we help to enable, protect and govern Wealth Management Technology (WMT).
Within the COO Team, the Portfolio Management team is responsible for ensuring the prioritization, investment, execution, and communication of the Wealth Management book of work. We work closely both with other key functions of the COO team and leadership across the division to enable and empower WM Technology to consistently manage and achieve their delivery goals for the WM Business.
This position is for a Portfolio Management and Governance in Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Technology at Morgan Stanley's Montreal offices. The position will reside within the Central COO office, with alignment to both Business and Portfolio Management functions, as well as work with the Product Area Groups (PAG).
The candidate will be part of a team responsible for portfolio management oversight and governance, manage regular tracking for central portfolio governance activities and represent WMT as a divisional stakeholder in the Technology wide effort for Agile transformation.
- Managing senior stakeholders in multiple product areas within Wealth Management Technology as well as Agile stakeholders across all Technology.
- Maintaining project management structures, governance and oversight.
- Overseeing and maintaining portfolio analytics, including Software capitalization standards, milestone reporting.
- Assistance with documenting governance process flows, artifacts, and responsibilities as part of Agile enablement team.
- Pilot, implement and manage the portfolio governance process and tools for ensuring accurate and efficient monitoring and oversight of programs and for evolving the tool-set to align with Agile delivery methodology.
- Create and manage methodology for propagating changes in portfolio delivery and financials to downstream processes including Reporting and Business Management.
- The position requires proven technology portfolio process expertise, especially in an Agile environment, and an ability to navigate within ambiguity to achieve results.
- Implementing all other appropriate industry-standard project and program management practices, including defining and reporting on key metrics, identifying risks, issues, gaps, and dependencies within and across work streams.
- The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment, and excellent team player. The candidate will be asked to juggle multiple ad hoc requests in addition to the BAU aspects of the role. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and flexible team player who has a strategic vision but also the ability to execute successfully.
- 5-8 years of experience in Project and/or Technology Portfolio Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related subject. Professional certifications including ScrumMaster Certification a plus.
- Organized project manager experienced in bringing structure to an unstructured or new project
- Thorough attention to detail required
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational and time management capabilities
- Ability to be flexible with ever-changing prioritization
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive and responsive team player
- Financial Services experience is a significant plus
- Creative thinker who will take complete ownership and accountability
Valid Through: 2019-10-18