Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Technical Project Manager Mission Systems Engineering to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
We have multiple openings for the position of Principal Technical Project Manager to join our team in Richardson, TX. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.This is a fast moving environment and an excellent opportunity for someone who likes to work on multiple programs with short life cycle. This position will expose the candidateto the full life cycle of a program starting from pursuit capture dealing with customers all the way through development and delivery in a short period of time.
This Technical Project Manager (TPM) will help lead Engineering projects in the Mission Systems portfolio as well as the Network C2 Systems portfolio with various US and International customers. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, energetic and passionate to lead a very dynamic and talented team. A successful candidate will be an energetic and positive-thinking individual who is able to function effectively in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment.
- Support the pursuit, order, and capture process including proposal development, technical approach, and bids for PTS products on GS programs
- Coordinate efforts across multiple GS organization encompassing PM, engineering, business development, contracts, and support to align better with PTS products.
- Lead the PTS bidding, estimating and planning projects for training products including development and approval of the technical design approach, work breakdown structure, statement of work, cost targets, and schedules.
- Lead multiple projects which may include simultaneous design and development activities from detail planning kickoff through product delivery.
- Evaluates/documents/evolves current and defines future architecture to solve training business problems.
Support internal and external stakeholders as the primary technical point of contact including customers, end users, contracts, program management, and engineering.
- Assigns and provides technical guidance and oversight to engineering subsystem teams to ensure coordination of target and rehost environments, and integration of total solution.
- Promote product line solution by ensuring programs bid, plan and execute consist with a single path development vision encompassing both target and rehost products.
- Coordinate among the various subsystem rehost teams and rapid resolution of technical issues.
- Conduct Risk Management by creating a risk management plan inclusive of mitigations throughout program execution
- Generate project management bids for medium to high complexity development projects spanning HW, SW, and Systems. Often create the WBS and coordinates bid inputs for the entire engineering bid team
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand program performance. Report overall engineering performance to plan as appropriate.
Must Have Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active US DoD Clearance or ability to get clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Experience with process of pursuits, bids, detailed planning, design and development, and earned value management.
- Project management skills, such as planning and tracking projects, performing to a schedule and cost plan, and reporting to leadership.
- Strong background in software, hardware, or systems engineering disciplines enabling effective technical leadership during pursuit, capture, and execution of programs.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to a host of stakeholders across the technical spectrum.
- Utilizes data to make objective decisions in a timely manner that are in the best interest of the team. Elevates decisions when appropriate.
- Ability to navigate barriers to change and build acceptance across organizations.
- Establishes individual and team partnerships across organizations to achieve goals and share information.
- Excellent problem solving, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Atlassian JIRA is desired.
- Positive attitude that is adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
- Ability to work with remote sites and team members; build relationships with global engineering team
- Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with teammates, both Systems and Software engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions
- Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form
- Ability to travel on average 30% of the time
Job ID: 1784