The Technical Project Manager (STPM) is responsible for developing and managing the big picture focus of the organization’s highest priority projects while also demonstrating an ability to dive into the unique engineering challenges the project faces daily. The TPM will further facilitate technical requirements gathering and scoping in partnership with internal stakeholders while also ushering the project through the entire project lifecycle. This role includes the following key components:
- Developing and managing project schedules.
- Developing and managing project budgets.
- Developing and managing resource plans in partnership with technical teams and other stakeholders.
- Developing and managing project roadmap and success metrics in partnership with technical teams and other stakeholders.
- Identifying and clearly communicating project risks to stakeholders.
- Identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical objectives of projects.
- Continuously improving best practices and operations to meet quality standards of customers and employees.
- Continuously improving the day-to-day operations of the support teams including process management, project management, and change management to drive optimization.
The role is expected to possess a strong technical background, experience working on Agile teams, the ability to think in innovative terms, successfully manage projects through schedule, resource and cost challenges, adhere to team-wide standards for planning and executing projects, and bring new ideas to life following exceptional business process modeling skills and driving change through optimization.
- Successful delivery of highly complex, cross-functional projects, including requirements gathering, scoping, scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, and all forms of project communication.
- Provide project status updates (verbal and written) to all levels of the organization.
- Mentor, train and develop other PMO team members.
- Being visible, approachable, accountable, and available to the team and leadership.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (preferred).
- 6+ years managing and/or supervising multi-disciplined technical teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success at communicating, collaborating, prioritizing, and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to concisely articulate analytical and strategic data.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships and to manage internal disputes regarding approach.
- Ability to work cooperatively with teams at all levels.
- Ability to influence others.