J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Our Business J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities.
With assets under supervision of $2.2 trillion and assets under management of $1.5 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of March 31, 2013.)
The Asset Management technology team is responsible for the infrastructure on which the business operates, including management and oversight of data centers, servers, desktops, networks, voice, contingency sites, etc. The group is also responsible for development and support of all application suites and discrete systems required for automation or to support management decision-making and data processing, including investment engines, pricing databases, client reporting, information Web sites, business profitability analysis, etc.
The opportunity is to join the infrastructure project management team working principally within Program Management Group covering Asset Wealth Management globally.
- Manage Cross-tower projects and programs that are high impact/high value to the organization
- Work with the application development and engineering teams to formalize requirements into measurable deliverables
- Coordinate resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects
- Analyse and manage project risks, issues, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to the business and technology leadership team
- Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements and adoption of agile
- Provide clear project and executive-level status reporting
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all security, risk, architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Lead and participate in geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various LOBs, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
- Act as a communication channel for ongoing program management status and issues, and setting business expectations
- Interact at high levels with clients and decision-makers both internally and externally.
- Proactively work with other Project Managers to identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects
- Ensure consistent use of firm-wide tools, processes and enterprise PMO best practices
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members, promote effective teamwork and support people management related initiatives
- Relevant IT Program/Project Management experience with strong leadership or management skills.
- Significant experience and working knowledge of technology infrastructure systems and solutions including Networking, SAN, NAS, Backup (NBU/TSM), Windows, Unix (Linux / AIX), LDAP/AD and Virtualization
- Written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to resolve conflict & facilitate decision-making
- Proven ability to make complex decisions based on experience, analysis and judgment
- Flexible, process-oriented, organized, with excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Very strong project management skills required, preferably including formal project management training, PMP, PMi, PRINCE 2, SCRUM \ Agile Certification
- Practical large-scale implementation and operations experience supporting and implementing mission critical infrastructure and/or applications
- Experience as an Agile practitioner \ champion is highly desirable
- Past infrastructure strategy and planning experience of large-scale environments and organizations
- Quality assurance and process improvement experience, such as operations policy and process development
- Demonstrable expertise with functional requirements specification, complex project scoping, project management, and resource planning
- Experience in managing customer interaction and vendor resources
- Ability to work across teams to solve difficult, complex, and often politically charged issues
- Excellent experience in interaction with senior management
- Ability to positively influence people at a variety of levels; both internally and externally
- Minimum 6 years project management experience
- Experience of financial services preferable
- Exposure to large scale organizational transformation desirable
- Excellent consulting / relationship management skills
Req #: 180119529