We are looking for Technical Project Manager for our client in Jackson, MS
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: Jackson, MS
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Manager, Development and Implementation is responsible for Planning, Testing, Implementing, and on-going support of the corporation’s application systems along with ensuring that all major initiatives and application releases are implemented without negative customer impact.
- The Manager, Development and Implementation also works to recommend proper technical solutions to enhance business value of operations and to establish and maintain tactical plans that support the corporate strategic objectives.
- The Manager, Development and Implementation will create implementation plans, while ensuring project management and testing methodologies are enforced.
- Bachelors Degree in Management or related field is required or equivalent experience.
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience in defining work and process flows (creating an understanding of which process to use when and why).
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Project Management methodologies and SDLC methodology.
- Understanding of HTML, XML, JSP, Java, EJB, SQL, Websphere, Struts, Framework Design Patterns and DB2 is required.
- Must have experience in leading teams of mainframe or web development technologies
- Knowledge of Mainframe technologies (COBOL, JCL, CICS, MVS) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and negotiation skills required.
- Knowledge of development methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and iterative development process required.
- PMP certification is required.
- Knowledge of project management and testing methodologies is required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio