Technical Project Manager The WEX Health Technical Project Manager is responsible for delivering projects that are focused on infrastructure/ hardware deployment, facility build-outs and disaster recovery. This role is also responsible for managing a project’s schedule, quality, and budget to ensure the execution of a quality project, delivered on time, while staying within our proscribed budget. The technical project manager is expected to provide weekly project updates, identify and manage project change requests, manage and ensure the project schedule is followed, provide status reports and provide quality control oversight for all project deliverables before project completion.
- Accountable for the planning and successful delivery of small to large projects, some with high risk, high complexity and high business impact
- Manages the project team in a matrixed environment to ensure all work is completed and correct.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of project delivery including, initiation, planning, execution and close out
- Creates all project documentation to include but not limited to:
- Budget plan
- Project plan
- Process documentation
- Project team playbooks
- Risk matrices
- Manages budget- weekly reports and ensures budget is maintained by identifying issues in spend and correcting process or identifying need for change orders
- Prepares and delivers all project reports
- Maintains project dashboard (SharePoint/Office Planner)
- Acts as the single point of contact for the project(s) assigned.
- May manage a project work stream under a senior manager.
- Manages Vendor / Sub-contractor engagements to include but not limited to:
- Create and manage purchase requisitions
- Provide details and assist in the creation of vendor SOWs
- Manage purchase order budgets
- Review and approve vendor invoices
- Manage the vendor work- ensure compliance with SOW deliverables and penalties.
- 5-7 years’ technical project management experience
- Former experience in an IT engineering role (Network, Systems Engineer)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PMP certification
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced presentation skills and communications with Project Sponsors and Project Team
- Delivery and review of status reports with project team and senior management
- Self-directed with ability to take initiative
- Ability to effectively liaise with peers and management
- Proven ability to direct teams in a matrixed environment
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive
- Microsoft SharePoint/Office Planner
- Collaboration Tools - Cisco WebEx