The Technical Project Manager will execute all aspects of a diverse, very complex information technology project or multiple large-scale IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost. You will lead the development of program/portfolio management. As the Technical Project Manager, you will undertake the most complex, information technology projects from the original concept through the final implementation as well as ensures that the projects are aligned with Netsmart Technologies Inc. standards and IT strategies. You will be able to demonstrate visioning and expertise with regard to the project lifecycle and the systems development lifecycle.
- Able to create project objectives, work breakdown structures, estimates, scheduling, and contingency planning and trade-offs among scope, schedule and resources.
- Creates the scope and goals, contract development, resource identification and duration estimates.
- Able to identify project risk and mitigation strategies, solutions and plans.
- Knows and applies standards, best practices and methodologies associated with the IT industry as well as IT processes and methodologies.
- Able to build relationships with resources, peers and leaders.
- Able to identify, create, and communicate project outcome and project boundaries.
- Able to logically define milestones, deliverables, resources and timelines.
- Able to articulate the business objective the project is designed to address, the linkage to corporate strategy, time frame, resource requirements, financials, risks and issues that will be associated with the project.
- Able to manage, measure, report status and progress of plans tasks and deliverables utilizing approved tools.
- Able to understand, assess and assure quality standards for projects is met.
- Identify, monitor and forecast all financials associated with the project, including resources, software, hardware, and travel.
- Manage the project scope and documents requirements changes through a formal change process.
- Assign clear responsibility for tasks and decisions sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process, progress and results, designs feedback loops into work.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Technical Degree in Computer Science, IS, or IT is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other certification from Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 5 yrs experience working with Software Project Management preferred
- 3 yrs experience working with Application Integration / Web Service Project Management preferred.
- Experience working with Health Care Project Management with special consideration to Health Integration projects preferred
- PMP certification or Intro to Project Management Class certification / class completion (in the process of becoming PMP certified)
- Strong understanding of Critical Path Management
- Strong, assertive communicator who can build and maintain positive working relationships within the project team
- Must be proficient in MS Project
- Must be familiar with Software and Application Integration Concepts
- Must be flexible enough to work within multiple SDLC methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
- Should be familiar with Web Service Gateway & Enterprise Service Bus concepts and patterns
- Should be familiar with Web Services Security specifications