Who we are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to lead critical Product delivery workstreams in support of B2B client engagements and engineering work that fuels delivery across our software platforms.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the management and overall operations of projects of various complexity, size and duration, helping to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time and on budget.
An enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Technical Project Manager acts as the key point of contact for both senior leadership and accountable project leads and supervises a multi-disciplinary Agile delivery team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years hands-on technology project management experience
- Confidently collaborates with in-house General Assembly engineers, product managers, B2B sales and finance professionals, and senior leadership
- Leverages technical acumen and emotional intelligence to translate business needs and delivery capabilities across engineering and business stakeholder teams
- Track record of meeting deadlines consistently with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously and documenting progress
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership and accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility and drive to jump in and fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality products quickly
- Contribute to a culture of continuous optimization of workflow and processes across General Assembly; know when we should be strict and when we can be flexible
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and support prioritization exercises
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong familiarity with management tools (ex: Jira)
- Experience working with remote / 3rd party team members in an Agile environment
- High degree of technical competency
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- and trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior and continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, and their way of working
It’s an added bonus if you have:
- Previous experience as an engineer building client-facing software products
- Previous experience in client engagement or account management interfacing between technical and sales talent
- Atlassian administration experience (Confluence, Jira)
- Lead an enterprise software rollout in an Agile environment