At First National, our employees are the heart of our story—and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
The Technical Project Manager develops and implements best practices to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of Technology and business change projects to stakeholders across the business. Main responsibilities of the PMO include scope and business case management; program vision and blueprint development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; program, tranche and project planning including milestone management; risk and issue management; and vendor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions logs; resource forecasting; change control; dependency management; and program reporting.Company Overview
With over 20 years in the managed IT services industry, First National Technology Solutions (FNTS) is a leading provider of flexible, customized hosted and remote managed services. Operating a state-of-the-art data center and offering customized solutions and best-of-breed technology, FNTS is a nationally recognized leader in managed IT services. With a classic Midwest culture, FNTS employs an expert team who place high value on work ethic and personalized customer service.
FNTS is a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska Inc. (FNNI), a $20 billion multi-state holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, with a strong heritage of banking excellence that dates back more than 150 years.
The Technical Project Manager develops and implements best practices to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of Technology and business change projects to stakeholders across the business. Main responsibilities of the PMO include scope and business case management; program vision and blueprint development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; program, tranche and project planning including milestone management; risk and issue management; and vendor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions logs; resource forecasting; change control; dependency management; and program reporting.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Coordinate the timing and implementation of projects with external customers
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- All reporting is accurate and timely, with all risks and issues identified and appropriate resolution strategies developed and implemented.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Coordinate project closure to distill best practice and ensure lessons learned are documented and followed.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience preferred
- 8+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Knowledge and experience of best practice project management methodologies and techniques to provide sound advice and support to Project Managers and Sponsors.
- Prior experience working in either a SaaS or a PaaS company supporting customer integrations
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change/improvement.
- Technically competent with standard Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Currently holding a PMP certification or willing to become certified within 6 months
- Scrum master experience and ability to work in an agile framework
- Experience managing large technology rollouts a plus
- Prior staff management experience a plus
Key Behaviors traits
- Strong communication skills including written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Sound judgement and initiative.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Effective time management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Negotiation skills with ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Desire to enhance knowledge and skills of self and others.