The responsibilities of the Project Manager will be to work collaboratively with Engineering teams by encouraging a continuous and transparent process improvement philosophy. The position involves close interaction with technical resources, Product Management, Consulting and Netsmart clients. This role will drive internal and external client initiatives from original concept through the final implementation as well as ensure that the projects are aligned with Netsmart's standards and strategies. They will lead the execution of projects by defining the project scope/plan, facilitating requirements gathering initiatives, ensuring quality standards are met, and managing/communicating project status.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management by contributing creative solutions to design and product workflow. Define business requirements and user acceptance criteria for product/program items and ensure the backlog is groomed appropriately.
- Help estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Manage/communicate project plans, release schedules, budgets and scope with internal and external teams in order to improve transparency of project and increase overall communication.
- Lead prioritization meetings to define sprint user story priority.
- Contribute to level of effort requests and budget planning during project initiation. Manage to the project budget throughout project lifecycle. Proactively manage changes in project scope and budget, identify potential risks and issues, and help to devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
- Facilitate cross functional teams, leading meetings effectively and holding regular status meetings with project team
- Monitor project progress by constantly measuring progress again planned milestones. Create and manage agile board(s), project metrics, and project status reporting per project
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner, mitigating team conflict and communication problems
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred
- CSM certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with various levels of executives
- Strong analytical skills required, technical writing experience a plus
- 2+ years experience as a business analyst in IT/Software development projects
- 4+ years experience as a project manager for IT/Software development projects
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence others, build relationships, and work effectively with others in the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Experience working with Health Care Project Management with special consideration to Health Integration projects preferred
- Strong understanding of Critical Path Management
- Must be proficient in MS Project
- Familiarity with Software and Application Integration Concepts a plus
- Must be flexible enough to work within multiple SDLC methodologies: Agile and Waterfall