: RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES Description:
- PPBE Support: This A&AS position reports to the DTRA RD Financial Analyst. Further, the position requires close coordination with multiple A&AS and Government personnel who invest large blocks of time facilitating the DTRA RD PPBE process. An understanding of DoD’s PPBE process is essential. This person must have the experience to work semi-autonomously with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Cross-Directorate Interaction: This position requires daily interaction and coordination across DTRA Directorates, and within the RD Directorate. This individual must provide deep interaction with division managers and analysts. To accomplish this, the individual must maintain situational awareness of multiple PPBE issues and the timeline connected with the PPBE proves.
- Course-of-Action Solutions: This position requires the individual to review and interpret taskers, develop and explain solutions to financial “what if” scenarios, and disseminate decisions to RD budget and program analysts.
- PPBE: This individual will provide advice and assistance to the government in the formulation, synchronization, presentation, maintenance, and monitoring of the RD PPBE process. Individual will analyze applicable national, DoD, and DTRA level strategic policy and guidance and then integrate and harmonize RD level guidance into programmatic guidance that can be effectively implemented by subordinate RD departments and offices. This individual will coordinate with various DTRA Directorates and Departments in reference to the agency strategy and associated strategic programming and planning frameworks to effectively and efficiently implement a coherent RD PPBE process over successive Future Years Defense Program (FYDPs).
Individual will serve as the technical programmatic lead to assist RD government leaders in the development of the RD PPBE strategy, to include maintaining and strengthening processes supporting the annual RD Program Management Review (PMR), the semi-annual RD Program Baseline Review, the Program Objectives Memorandum (POM), and budget justification materials. This position will support the RD Departments in defining priorities through the programming of scientific research and technology development projects and programs across the FYDP.
- Action Office Support: Advise and assist the Deputy Director to develop presentations to a wide variety of audiences to include the executive branch, Congress and international partners; support RD strategic communications by assisting with the management and development of processes and products of the RD Strategic Communications Working Group; develop, coordinate and review staff actions; advise on Directorate reports to higher headquarters; plan and coordinate requirements for Directorate leadership participation in various events and activities, research and recommend courses of action to improve Directorate strategic management and Directorate Front Office operations, provide thought leadership and develop white papers and analyses on a wide range of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) science and technology-focused areas of interest (including directorate functions and policies), and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience coordinating the DoD PPBE process
- Must have a general understanding of DoD RDT&E and/or Science & Technology project portfolio management and programming
- Must have OSD, Joint Staff, CCMD Staff, Component, Service, or Agency-level staff experience (either military or civilian)
- Must have BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or a hard science and engineering discipline and ten years of applicable experience. Preferred MA/MBA or MS with 8 years applicable experience.
- Must have knowledge of the DOD 5000 series, the DOD FAR, DFAR and FMR.
- Must have demonstrated experience participating in, and ideally building cross-functional teams in complex organizational environments
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The capacity to work with well-developed, complex and shared excel workbooks is essential.
- Clearance: Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret (preferably SCI Access)
- Experience with DTRA or other DoD component S&T programs
- Proficient ability to address issues in work group settings or present on behalf of government lead.
- Specific Skill Sets and Training: CDFM-A certification is a plus, as is experience with various Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Joint Service Chem-Bio Information System (JSCBIS), Defense Acquisition Initiative (DAI) system. Capacity to quickly acquire skills with various organic systems and processes, all Excel-based.