The Infrastructure Project Manager supports Rich Products’ growth strategy by overseeing a portfolio of complex infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will oversee projects from initiation through completion by following various best practice methodologies including PMI. The project manager will be the single point of contact for the portfolio of projects and present effectively as a strong communicator with stakeholders at various levels within the organization.
This role is a technical role and is also an active participant in network architecture design discussions. The ideal candidate will have an extensive IP networking background and will be responsible for complex analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning, design, and delivery of new capabilities and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- ⦁ Full cycle management and oversight of Infrastructure projects/programs, typically business critical and large in scope
- ⦁ Management and delegation of day-to-day operations of the assigned program ensuring policies and procedures are being followed, goals and objectives are met, and services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Collaborates with the IS Security team to ensure infrastructure embraces and applies security strategy
- Develops the maturity of infrastructure to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps)
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, methodologies and implement continuous improvements to maximize team effectiveness
- Conduct feasibility studies, develop requests for proposal, evaluate products and present recommendations at an executive level
- Provide technical consulting and subject matter expertise to customers and other IS functional areas regarding infrastructure services
- Manage and negotiate with third party vendors for both operation and maintenance activities as well as project work where required
- Maintain an advanced awareness of the latest technologies and trends in the networking and cloud computing field and recommend innovative technologies for new business applications
- Assist with the development of mid to long range strategic planning for IS
- Ensures compliance with system life cycle methodologies and standards
- Travels occasionally (up to15%) - Domestic/International
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in computer networking, with a strong emphasis on network design, analysis and support
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience
- PMP or equivalent experience
- Proven success in project management utilizing industry standard best practices
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Advanced, expert level skills in Visio and PowerPoint with the ability to create and maintain complex documentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present to executive leadership
- Strong problem solving, organizational, collaboration and interpersonal skills