Technical Project Managers are responsible for managing the implementation process and content
creation for new customers of the Devo platform. The successful candidate has a robust technical
background, experience interfacing directly with customers and has a proven track record managing
complex technical projects. Candidates should live in a large metro area.
- Develops and manages the execution of detailed project plans for the implementation, upgrade and customization of the Devo platform to meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Responsible for driving project execution to reduce time-to-value and ensure project completion within given time and budget constraints.
- Schedule and run regular project status calls directly with the customer, partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in presales activities for the purpose of scoping the level of effort required for professional services implementation for prospective Devo customers.
- Facilitating cross-functional coordination with presales, professional services, customer success, cloud operations and customer support.
- Support system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, problem identification, and solution deployment.
- Develops and delivers project status reports for management.
- Operates as part of a project team consisting of other PS engineers and technical program managers to achieve and exceed customer goals and expectations.
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex technology solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer in internal meetings.
- Must be able to operate at the customer’s offices as needed. The job requires travel between 25-50% within the US.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a role involving direct customer interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment to meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps and one or more project management tools (i.e. MS Project).
- Proficiency in software development tools such as Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience using ELM/SIEM products is highly desirable (Splunk, Elastic, Arcsight, Qradar, etc).