DEFINITION 6, a full-service marketing agency with offices in Atlanta and New York is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to join our growing delivery team.
The right candidate will be responsible for end-to-end project management throughout the lifecycle of a development program. The ideal candidate would be able to drive the projects forward by understanding our client's business context and goals, success factors, platform approach and risks while keeping an eye on timelines, client satisfaction, team engagement, and project profitability. You'll stay close to projects as they unfold toidentify and resolve bottlenecks and develop ways to improve efficiency.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate well, have a strong workethic and organizational skills to work independently with minimal supervision and who can adapt quickly to changing requirements.
The Project Manager will be based in Atlanta and will report to the Vice President of Delivery within the Operations business unit.
- You will be responsible for managing a large, multi-phase project focused onmanaged services support
- You will manage the planning and execution of the project, communicate with and manage the client, build the project team and develop the budget and timeline estimates
- Ensure the scope of the project(s) is clearly identified, documented and controlled and that the impact in any shift in scope is made clear
- Ensure that the project components are planned, managed, and controlled from within agreed time, cost, and quality expectations
- Responsible for ensuring that all phases of the project are clearly documented - particularly functional and technical specifications
- Create detailed project reporting & metrics ranging from regular internal statusreports to customer progress reports
- Maintain clear and reliable tracking of effort expended for billing purposes
- Work closely with D6 internal team members to ensure the client's needs are being met
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science, engineering or related field of study
- Proven experience delivering large, complex solutions
- 3-7 years of experience in technical project management
- Strong knowledge of SDLC's
- Experience with custom or product software implementations
- Experience translating business and functional requirements into defined milestones
- Experience in selecting and managing 3rd party vendors and working with off-shore teams
- Ability to accurately forecast timelines and associated costs across a range of projects
- Experience and proficiency in structuring and executing projects of all sizes
- Experience using JIRA
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple projects efficiently
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task, work independently and learn client environments and needs quickly
- Must have a client service attitude and mindset to prioritization and issue resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong decision maker with proven leadership skills
- Self-starter, high energy, assertive, take charge personality
- Maintain flexibility in the face of dynamic and challenging client environments
- Stay current on the latest technologies and inspire others to do the same