The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for business analysis, business process improvement, and project management services to deliver business operations enhancements through the deployment of technology solutions. The TPM is a member of a team charged with understanding and documenting the current "As-Is" operations of various business and systems processes; defining functional requirements; analyzing current and prospective system solutions; architecting "To-Be" process and systems; and developing/leading project plans to deliver improved operations and efficiencies to the organization. This position works with internal and external stakeholders and teams to gain consensus on scope and deliverables. Projects vary and may include: system and enterprise application cloud migrations and implementations, cross-functional process improvement initiatives, new software product implementations, disaster recovery exercises, IT integration projects for new business acquisitions, and infrastructure/security projects.
- Lead project sponsors, stakeholders, and teams through all phases of business analysis and project management lifecycles. Communicate with stakeholders and business owners, including preparation and facilitation of project stakeholder meetings and the creation of KPI reports.
- Utilize data analysis to plan staff and resource allocations and to provide organizational leadership with appropriate information for strategic decision-making.
- Manage a single major project or potentially multiple projects.
- Lead diverse technology teams in a distributed organization.
- Develop, maintain and archive project plans, requirements matrices, data flow diagrams, and other appropriate documents.
- Establish project timelines and coordinate project resources to deliver business solutions within approved time and budget parameters based upon priorities communicated by I&O leadership.
- Translate strategies into specific tasks, action plans and deliverables.
- Organize, prioritize and independently manage daily and weekly activities and assigned tasks in order to meet agreed upon timelines.
- Identify potential impacts of new systems/processes or changes to existing systems/processes and guide implementation to ensure operational reliability.
- Anticipate risks and successfully develop and drive mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with other STG staff, functional users, and appropriate vendors to account for: security (physical and logical), sustainability, disaster recovery, business continuity measures in all solutions, problem resolution for operational issues, root cause analysis to address underlying system/process problems as well as identify and understand functional requirements of enterprise technology solutions.
- Keep project, communication, testing, and training documentation updated using defined standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Advance degree preferred
- Business Analyst certification highly preferred
- Project Management certification highly preferred
- ITIL certification highly preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience within an Information Technology team
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in Business Process Improvement/Redesign
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly to non-technical audiences
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- MS Project & MS VIsio