Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Technical Project Manager Coach within the Global IT PMO team. This position is in our Deer Valley Campus located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Albertsons-Safeway’s Global IT PMO Department is looking for a seasoned Project Manager who is experienced in industry standard Project Management Methodologies and has in depth hands on experience and success in delivering large scale, highly integrated enterprise wide projects and programs. This person will be part of the Global PMO team to provide local Project Manager Coaching and Mentoring Capabilities to the Project Managers and the supporting Project Community.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build constructive and trust based relationships with the Project Managers, Program Directors and Project Team members to foster effective coaching.
• Build a new location based Project Manager Coaching / Mentoring capability to work side-by-side with the local Project Managers to achieve Project Delivery Excellence
• Coach Project Managers for effective use of Project Online Platform and supporting processes (Schedule, Cost, Resources, Issues and Risks)
• Coach Project Managers & Project Community for effective use of Reports to improve Portfolio / Program and Project Health
• Identify Project Manager knowledge / skill gaps and make recommendations for supporting developmental activities
• Identify and remove Process and Tool related Project Delivery impediments
• Conduct role-based training to local Project Community including Project Managers and supporting Project Team members
• Work with Managers of Project Manager’s to provide Coaching and Mentoring capabilities to support their Project Managers to achieve consistent Project Delivery Excellence
• Provide effective and productive feedback to the Leadership team to enhance overall Project Delivery performance
• Work with Project Managers to achieve Project Stakeholder Satisfaction.
• Partner within Resource Manager Coaches, Reports Developers & Platform Administrators within PMO for continuous Process and Tool improvements
• Flexible, Vision-oriented and Results driven with Practical approach to Coaching and Mentoring
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or relational functional field and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
• 8+ years of Project Management experience, preferably, with Retail or Technical Project Management background
• Project Management Institutes’ (PMI) and or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Worked in Fortune 500 companies or Global companies delivering large scale projects with a track record for project delivery success
• Expert level skills in project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment
• Experienced in delivering large projects within budgets including financial tracking metrics (CPI, SPI, CV, SV)
• PMO Governance and framework implementation experience
• Hands on extensive use of Office 365, MS Project Online, MS Power BI
• Expert ability to coach Project Managers to translate Business Requirements into Project Schedule, Cost & Scope
• In depth knowledge of Waterfall and Agile SDLC
• Expert knowledge of process and tool evaluation
• Experience working with large, global matrixed organizations.
• Effective Communication and People skills.
• Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Recognized ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and coach, mentor and train project managers.