Oversees and orchestrates IT systems development life cycle (SDLC) efforts such as: development, integration, testing, training, deployment, operation and/or maintenance. Performs day-to-day management of overall contract support operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations. Manages the successful completion of all financial management, contract, subcontract, and procurement activities related to the contract. Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all contract support activities. Establishes/alters vendor management structure to direct effective contract support activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for a technical program. May not be directly responsible for P&L but is accountable to oversee results of multi-functional project teams. Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project within the program guidelines set by management and the client. Works with project teams to support all aspects of project planning and execution activities with particular emphasis on defining and providing management reporting for schedule, effort, and quality metrics. Monitors project to verify that work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. May be client-facing and have supervisory responsibilities. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and verifies that all necessary reviews and approvals are received. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs. Must alert contract management and program management of any issues and areas of concern, including good news on meeting task order deliverables and SSA program mission. Will learn and keep abreast of SSA programs and technical infrastructures, people and mission requirements and objectives. Must be able to document this information and advise supervisors and subordinates accordingly of impacts decisions may have on SSA programs and objectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in assisting with coordinating or directly managing task orders. This includes overseeing all SDLC efforts including development, integration, testing, training, deployment, operations and/or maintenance.
• Assisting/managing task order requirements and work plans, including budget, schedule, personnel (including subcontractors) as a single project and team.
• Overseeing day-to-day management of task orders or assisting with writing status reports, taking meeting minutes, creating action lists, and documenting client requirements/requests from meetings.
• Managing project teams in multiple locations, with a demonstrated track record of delivering projects on time and budget and meeting contractual requirements.
• Assisting with managing multiple vendors across several task orders supporting multiple customers. Must be able to communicate with COTR-level government staff, SSA task managers, and program staff.
• Implementing Software Process Improvement practices.
• Exhibiting superior oral and written communication skills.
• Managing a formal problem resolution process showing the successful and timely resolution of issues.
• Developing software development estimates.
• Developing a Statements of Work (SOW) and a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) related to a SOW.
• Developing training requirements.
• Written communication skills for technical staff and functional staff
• Oral communication skills for technical staff and functional staff
• Project Management (or technical lead) on large government projects
• Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Direct Software development experience
• Waterfall SDLC and/or Agile development experience
Technical Skills: MS Office and Project; Generation Programming Language knowledge and structure; SDLC; testing environments, database knowledge and structure; WBS development and estimation methods
Emerging Technology Experience: Big Data; Cloud; Cyber Security; Modern Language; Database; Emerging Technology coursework
• PMP, specific technology certifications (e.g., Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft, etc.). Applicant must have served in tech lead capacity for at least one year.
• Knowledge of SSA’s Mission and Programs
Position ID: J0217-0811