The Technical Project Manager should be ready to handle highly complex projects in a fast-paced environment through applying precision tracking, initiative, and creativity for CBS Interactive's advanced technology project management team. The technical project manager should understand technical aspects of site and product development with a focus on cloud migration, cloud optimization and video delivery across multiple platforms and from different environments. This Project Manager will work with cross-functional teams (i.e. DevOps, Video and Cloud Engineering, and Management) to drive projects from inception to launch, including resource allocation, scheduling, risk management, and rollout with a deep knowledge of cloud and video architecture as well as SDLC.
- Manage the complete cloud migration path for multiple projects, including resource allocation and scheduling, as well as quality, stakeholder management, risk management, rollout and change management.
- Organize the workflow of Engineers and DevOps to deliver the cloud migration on schedule and within budget.
- Manage cross organization roll outs of new and updated video technology.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify baseline KPIs to gauge impact to projects; continuously monitoring results and adjusting accordingly
- Identify project resource requirements and assign individual responsibilities.
- Effectively apply CBSi development methodology and enforce project standards.
- Minimize exposure on projects by clearly communicating potential risks at every stage.
- Create and ensure completion of project documents that remain current and organized.
- Take ownership of project scope and timing issues, driving them to resolution in a timely fashion.
- Integrate with specific business teams while communicating project progress with team members across CBSi.
- CBS News Cloud migration
- Sports Cloud migration
- Video pipeline transformation
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- BA/ BS in Business, Engineering or a related field required. Technical background required and Master's degree a plus.
- Familiar with Jira, Google Suite as well as Github, Bitbucket or similar repository.
- Minimum 3 years of experience at building a Program / Project on IT Data Center, Cloud, Video technology, software development, or large enterprise software projects.
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and PMP or equivalent qualification
- Possess strong technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes) and video engineering (compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, content delivery). This knowledge doesn't need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
- Self-motivation, creativity, deadline enthusiastic, and relentless about quality and communication required. The candidate must work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders, holds themselves accountable for the success of the project, can drive prioritization, and be able to change tasks quickly & communicate changes effectively based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required.
You might also have -
- Project Manager for a large scale website and/or vendor based solution provider of enterprise technology and PMP certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services Cloud, Google Cloud and other cloud providers.
- Experience supporting, or working on, a team working on digital video delivery
- Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams.
- Certified ScrumMaster certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled