Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 171 days ago
Avvo is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage multiple projects within Avvo and across Internet Brand’s (our parent company) legal vertical. You will partner with the product / engineering team members to steward key projects within our strategic road map, serving as air-traffic control for our business.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a project management guru – a perfect mix of prioritization genius and organization prowess. You see the big picture, you quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcomes is far more important than your obsession with status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management / delivery of web/software projects in an Agile development environment.
- Work with product, business, development and QA teams to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Facilitate transparency and information radiation on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Continually look to improve project management process to accommodate rapidly changing business needs.
- Attend and/or facilitate delivery team events in order to ensure continuity of planning towards larger projects and deliverables.
- Be able to speak to all open work - status, schedule, impediments, etc.
- Remove impediments for the team, and ensure focus on value delivery and improvement.
- Manage cross-team dependencies for larger projects that span teams and business units.
- Contribute to and drive team prioritization discussions.
- Provide feedback to and partner with the dev and product managers to help improve team performance.
- 5+ years IT project management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience on a software development team with thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- 5+ years’ of experience working with teams to deliver software in a project manager or Scrum Master capacity.
- Proficiency in Agile and it’s different delivery frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA, Roadmunk).
- Ability to understand and then communicate technical issues to a broad range of technical knowledge levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office! Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.