This role is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. The Technical Project Manager will take projects from original concept through final implementation and will assist in formulating and defining systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of Infrastructure, business systems and industry standards.
This position will also be responsible for scope, time and cost estimates, and the implementation of new services, major enhancements and upgrades. The Technical Project Manager will consult with individuals in other information systems areas to coordinate activities and conduct project meetings with responsibility for project tracking and analysis.
What does a Technical Project Manager’s day to day duties look like:
- Under general supervision, oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature.
- Effectively manages concurrent Infrastructure department projects and multi-task
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Creates and maintains essential project documentation, such as Communication Plan, Risk Management Plan, Roles/Responsibilities Matrix and Issues Log
- Manages resources in a cross-functional environment and proactively coordinate resource allocation and production releases with other Project Managers and Service Managers
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Establishes positive relationships with business customers and provides recommendations to improve process efficiencies
- Actively manages risks and issues for assigned projects and when necessary, escalates issues to management's attention for guidance and assistance in reaching a resolution
- Provide scheduled status reports for project stakeholders
- Other duties as required.
What's required for the position:
- Experience leading infrastructure projects relating to Networking, Public Cloud, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, File Systems, and Security
- BA / BS Degree with preference towards Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 5+ years of Project Management experience leading multi-discipline project teams
- Must have excellent Project Management skills with a proven track record in delivering technical infrastructure projects on schedule and within budget
- Must have good business acumen
- Customer focused attitude in dealing with internal customers
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading teams using Agile methodology
- Experience leading technical and non-technical team members in a cross functional environment