The Technical Project Manager has the primary responsibility for incoming IT Operations projects specifically around Network, Infrastructure, and Information Security, both client and internal IT.
The Technical Project Manager creates project plans and tracks and drives progress towards the objectives established by ITO leaders. He/she may be managing multiple projects in various stages of delivery.
Essential Job Functions
• Create project plans and monitor overall project progress and delivery quality 15%
• Facilitate good communication within the necessary teams 10%
• Troubleshoot project issues and engage the appropriate resources as needed 10%
• Escalate any significant issues to the appropriate management team as needed 10%
• Ensure project compliance with Epsilon’s PMO standards 10%
• Document and track project risks proactively and create mitigation plans for serious risks 10%
• Negotiate issues resolution in a matrix management environment with multiple priorities 10%
• Actively prioritize team workload to ensure quality results are delivered on time within budget 10%
• Provide leadership and mentoring to team 5%
• Assist with creating and maintaining standards with the PMO 10%
The Technical Project Manager (PM) should have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience managing IT projects and 5 years of supervisory experience. The Technical PM must be comfortable with managing all aspects of the technology and components project delivery. Additionally, the Project Manager must be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, problem solve in fast paced environment, and work effectively under significant deadline pressure. Working knowledge of Agile or Waterfall methodologies required.
Relevant experience may include some or all of the following
• Unix Server
• Windows Server
• Web technologies (e.g., HTML, XML, web services)
• Email technologies
• Networking and Telecommunications
Other Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent listening skills
• Self-starter with a strong initiative
• Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.