The System Administrator candidate will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems as well as manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. The selected candidate will provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc and provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. They will configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network design
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to project management and customers.Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- A minimum of four (4) years of System Administration experience is required
- (Note: A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience)
- (Note: A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- (Note: Four (4) additional years of experience (for a total of eight (8) years) may be substituted for a degree)
Required skills include:
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, fast paced environment with a willingness to assist and support the team with evolving requirements and objectives
- Coordinate project schedules, including participation in meetings, documentation and distribution of minutes and action items, and tracking action items for successful completion
- Create and maintain reporting from enterprise requirements management tool
- Performs and assists with integration planning, and interface with other functional areas ensuring technical solutions and schedules are implemented in an efficient manner ensuring successful transition of capabilities to production systems
- Collaborate with the cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams and partners with the respective project/program leadership and sponsorship to develop project roadmaps and plans to deliver as scheduled.
- Assess existing business processes and provide recommendations for improvement actions
- Research, test, and evaluate new technology and insertion; document implementation and sustainment; and present results of the evaluation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to directly interface with high-level executives to understand business processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
- Ability to facilitate meetings
Desired skills include:
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.