TECHNICAL PROJECT LEAD (PAYLOAD)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced and driven Technical Project Lead. The candidate will draw upon their technical background, program leadership skills, and team leadership skills to drive a team to deliver complex and challenging RF, avionics and consumer electronics projects end to end. SpaceX relies on its partners in the supply chain to deliver our amazing products. A large aspect of this role is collaborating with our supply chain partners to ensure timely delivery of products.
Qualified candidates will work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders across spacecraft and ground systems - RF, mechanical, board design, system integration, software, network, operations, structures, propulsion, manufacturing and test, to enable successful execution of state of the art satellites, ground stations, and user terminals from beginning to end.
- Drive the planning, project definition, schedule, resources, technical decisions and trade-offs, as well as tracking, executing, and releasing projects to production
- Collaborate with supply chain partners to ensure timely delivery of products
- Perform hands-on engineering and liaison role between the design teams and production organization as SpaceX works to iterate on the design and ramp into the manufacturing phase
- Responsible for tracking and communicating program risks and status on critical path to wider team and management
- Drive and track program performance metrics, including initial design criteria, schedule, cost, manufacturing yields and production rates
- Drive contract manufacturing PCB assembly builds until processes are proven and can be handed off to supply chain
- Contribute to design reviews acting as an expert in design for manufacturability, design for testability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Primary point of contact for production non-conforming product, troubleshooting, root cause, failure investigations and corrective actions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other engineering or science discipline
- 5+ years of technical project or program management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other engineering or science discipline
- Prior experience with the full hardware product life cycle
- Prior experience with managing contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Project leadership of satellite product life cycle
- Experience with PCB, PCBA and electromechanical assembly processes
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be available to travel 20% of the time