BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Technical Project Engineering Lead. The Technical Project Engineering Lead will lead multidiscipline engineering teams on multiple capital improvement projects. This position will report to the Project Engineering Manager at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
As the Technical Project Lead, you will: • Technically lead the engineering staff assigned to the specific Modernization programs in the design, development and commissioning activities.• Be responsible for overall technical viability to requirements as well as successful completion of engineering tasks on the assigned projects.• Lead the technical team in meeting schedule within budget and provide regular updates to progress.• Lead cross functional internal engineering teams or external suppliers in the development of drawings, statements of work, and specification packages for procurement of equipment or services.• Leads technical design team in the application of BAE Systems Life Cycle Management processes and methods used in the design, development and commissioning.• Create the technical development plan and overall engineering tasking. • Guide and develop the requirements, processing methods, equipment and engineering tasking for design, development, and commissioning. • Review subcontractor technical work products to assure satisfactory performance of the scope of work.• Support the transition to production following commissioning• Prepare budgetary and engineering estimates.• Prepare schedules regarding assigned technical tasks and provide status on tasking.• Prepare work flow schedule and process task duration estimates. • Be responsible for assisting the PM in development of the budget, approval of purchase requisitions and of invoices. • Performs other duties as required.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN, we do this by developing safer explosives for our government and commercial customers. Holston AAP has provided high quality explosives for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; mechanical, civil, electrical, chemical engineering, or systems engineering degree preferred.
- 8+ years related experience, including 4 years of experience in engineering design, development, and commissioning.
- 2 years in an engineering technical project leadership position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interface with various functional departments and customers.
- Must be able to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience in the chemical process industry
- Experience in System Engineering processes and Department of Defense (DoD) projects.
- Experience with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) methodology and justifying the basis of estimate for each task
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- PMP certification
- Cover letter preferred.
- Job ID:32660BR