We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Technical Project Engineering professional to join our team in Windsor Locks, CT. The Technical Project Engineer will be supporting both the MRJ and MA700 Programs. Both programs are Regional Jet applications with Collins Aerospace Air Conditioning Systems. These systems require components that are designed and manufactured by suppliers to meet Collins Aerospace requirements. This will require delivery of development and qualification documentation to support the use of these supplier designed parts in Collins Aerospace systems. You will also use the Standard Work Maps to progress the project through the phases of Preliminary Design (PDR), Detailed Design (CDR) and Verification and Validation. Responsible to communicate and resolve technical issues between the supplier and Collins Aerospace team members.
• Prepares and maintains project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
• Estimates costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
• Gathers and analyzes data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
• Prepares and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
• Identifies and escalates project problems and supports resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Manage project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree or three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage