- The VR Systems team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to work on foundational systems software used by all of our first party VR experiences. You will own the requirements and scoping of new immersive desktop experiences required to host Oculus Home, Oculus Browser and other first party experiences. You will work closely with two of our core run-times, both React VR powering Oculus Home and Oculus Browser powering our VR web experiences.
You will help us scope and define VR as the next computing platform. You will be in a position on the ground floor as we envision concepts like virtual desktops, multi-tasking, tabbed browsing and fast app switching to work in VR, on low powered, mobile devices with new and interesting types of input.
As part of VR Systems team, you will work cross-functionally with most of the Oculus Experiences teams, going through initial requirements collection, working through initial technical challenges and scoping the work to enable all future experiences.
Come help us solve the hardest challenges in VR and the biggest roadblocks to becoming the next computing platform!
- Provide technical design and resource management for all core system capabilities for immersive VR Experiences.
- Identify and drive design trade-offs that enable complex behaviors like multi-application display, task switching and multi-application communication.
- Work with core engineering teams to reinvent mobile and desktop UX paradigms to work well in VR.
- Drive overall project scheduling and cross-functional requirements for all VR systems Projects including Oculus Browser and React VR.
- Drive the necessary telemetry and reporting to ensure the success and maintenance of projects post release.
- Drive the daily operations of release management when in release mode while working in conjunction with Q/A and the release management engineers for each project.
- Work with all first party Oculus experiences on requirements gathering and technical scoping for all new features.
- Design and drive underlying social behaviors and technologies shared by all applications on the Oculus platform.
- Provide technical direction and feedback to VR standards bodies including Khronos and W3C.
- Available for business travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.