The Program Management Office in the Networking & Security Business Unit of VMware Inc. is looking for a Technical Program Manager to primarily support large/complex NSX releases. The ideal candidate should champion quality, SDLC methodologies, and release process compliance. We leverage our process and SDLC expertise, including in Agile, to enable faster release cadences for SaaS and On-Premise products while maintaining a high level of quality. Our group is seeking a seasoned TPM to own and drive one or multiple product releases.
- Drive successful planning, end-to-end execution, and delivery of highly visible large-scale strategic releases.
- Coordinates the success of NSBU product releases across geographies.
- Be an expert on software life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics, and high-quality standards.
- Manage release roadmap including integration, alignment of cross-functional dependencies, and adoption of new processes, tools, and applications.
- Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues, and drive their resolution.
- Be the credible and trusted leader of a program team consisting of Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional group representatives.
- Facilitates the development and execution of the program plan. Shepard features through the development process while ensuring quality and compliance is maintained.
- Use technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues, and drive their resolution.
- Question the status quo and advocate for corporate improvements to better enable your team’s speed and productivity.
- Encouraged open communication, transparency, and collaboration across teams.
- 5+ years of previous program management experience leading software development programs for enterprise software and SaaS solutions
- Ability to work effectively across teams and groups to bring together diverse views to establish and accomplish goals and initiatives.
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment
- Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent ability to multi-task and operate in a global environment
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Adaptability to change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate quick learning ability and pro-active problem-solving ability
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Tableau and other reporting tools knowledge is a plus
- 7+ years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management especially in Datacenter Networking, L2/L3 Routing/Switching, L4-L7 Load Balancers.