Tesla’s Energy Products group is looking for a highly motivated individual to program manage design engineering projects for the Industrial Energy Storage programs. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different groups within tesla and outside of Tesla.
You will interface with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, compliance, system test, supply chain and operations to define and drive the development, validation, and implementation schedule of new storage product programs.
You will be immersed in the design engineering process and will shepherd projects from concept through to prototype validation and then production ramp. You will use your engineering background to understand the product requirements, technical risks and the validation strategy to build feasible yet aggressive design programs. You will communicate and present project status, highlight schedulerisk, and develop recovery plans in the event of project slip.
You will be based at our Deer Creek, Palo office with the expectation of some travel to our Gigafactory 1 production facility, Nevada as program needs dictate.
- Work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Reliability, Test, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Program Management and othersupporting functions in order to identify and scope projects for key energy storage subsystems.
- Create, maintain, communicate, and present schedules for design engineering projects.
- Prioritize the engineering team project work based on risk, resources and payback.
- Identify creative ways to overcome obstacles and meet the schedule despite setbacks.
- Advise on best practices for documenting changes to new and existing products.
- Monitor cost impact of changes.
- Develop team processes to ensure efficient risk identification and management.
- 2-3years of experience in an engineering environment with responsibility for implementing or managing change.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of engineering projects for mass produced products preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design cycle.
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining and communicating schedules.
- Demonstrated understanding of multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, including hardware and software components.
- Demonstrated understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software etc) with the ability to create and maintain metrics.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, production, and supply chain personnel.
- BS in an engineering discipline.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.