Program managers on the Material Flow Engineering team will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for the efficient and reliable flow of material to the Tesla manufacturing lines. As a program manager you are responsible for managing technical projects from “cradle to grave”. This includes driving the design and implementation of automated material handling equipment such as automated storage systems, robotics, automated case and pallet conveyance, automated guided vehicles, fixtures, etc. Program managers own driving the scope, schedule, implementation and cost of the project as well as additional functions such as vendor relations, stakeholder management and report outs.
The key objective of the Material Flow team is developing new and innovative solutions that enable improving parts delivery (material arrival at docks through the delivery to line-side locations) in the factory and help Tesla achieve its ambitious manufacturing goals. All of these automated manufacturing processes would be initially planned and implemented at the Tesla Factory located in Fremont, California, but can eventually be replicated in facilities all over the world.
- “Concept to completion” ownership of projects
- Work collaboratively with all engineering stakeholders (project engineering, industrialengineering, design, controls, software etc.) through the various stages of the project: Concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, system build, integration, and testing.
- Drive vendor partnershipworking closely with supply chain and purchasing team and ensure alignment on engineering requirements, scope, schedule and cost.
- Drive requirements and solutions with all internal stakeholders such as infrastructure, logistics, controls, software and manufacturing engineering teams for the success of the project.
- Own and drive internal operations during the install, commission, testing and integration phases of the project.
- Set goals, track deliverables, identify risk and drive mitigations across all stages of the project.
- Own execution and completion of multiple projects, as needed.
- Identify resource requirements and highlight gaps across various stages for all projects.
- Own report-outs for all projects, highlighting status, risks, mitigations and opportunities across all levels of management within Tesla.
- Manage roadmap of projects working within the framework of the overall program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 6+ years’ experience in technical project management, ideally with multiple delivered projects of medium (25M+) to large sized capital equipment systems.