The Technical Program Manager will lead and deliver strategically important, cross-organizational initiatives that will significantly improve customer experiences and drive scalability for our business. You will partner closely with business stakeholders from Sales, Customer Solutions, and Operations to build and prioritize a roadmap, and collaborate with leadership and product delivery teams to drive strategic initiatives from conception through delivery. This role requires you to be an experienced planner, flexible thinker, and exceptional communicator who can balance multiple objectives at once. Successful applicants have excellent leadership skills, the ability to bring clarity from ambiguity, strong technical expertise, and a proven track record of delivering results.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders to deeply understand their business needs
- Owning a product roadmap to deliver work that is properly scoped & prioritized
- Problem solving break down problem, proposing solutions and implementing solutions
- Partnering with fellow TPMs to deliver cross-team features/projects
- Communicating (both written and verbal) in an organized and clear way
- Analyzing the trade-offs between custom built and vendor solutions
- Working with development teams to adequately resource and schedule features for delivery
- Working within a scrum ecosystem
- Managing the status of your work, clearly communicating issues and blockers
- Writing, maintaining, and designing technical and project documentation for internal use
- Aiding in internal recruitment and hiring, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies and workplace cultures in the world
Who you are...
- Customer Focused. You work from the customer backwards, understanding their challenges and relentlessly pursuing opportunities to improve the operational excellence
- Performer. Proven track record of delivery.
- Team Player. Understands the importance of building strong working relationships an
- Problem Solver. Ability to juggle multiple priorities and can problem solve on the fly.
- Builder. Equally comfortable digging into business requirements as drilling into architecture with development teams.
- Experienced. SDLC: Hands on experience with agile, waterfall and blended approaches.
- Technical. Familiarity with cloud-based systems. Ability to work with a team that uses the Cloud as the Platform and designs systems and build functionality to get results.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- Bachelors or Master's degree in related fields.
- 5+ years' experience in Program/Project Management or as a scrum Product Owner
- 5+ years' experience facilitating solutions between business and technical teams
- Experience working with SaaS based platforms like Salesforce.com, NetSuite, etc is a plus