GMRE is seeking a Technical Program Manager/Systems Engineer to support Aircraft Avionics Integration.
This position requires technical program management and systems engineering expertise in the following areas:
- Acquisition – documents and strategy
- Technical program management
- Engineering program oversight
- Systems engineering milestone reviews and associated entry/exit criteria
- Systems design – to include baseline requirements
- Avionics integration, ground and flight test
- Technical knowledge of military aircraft in the area of Glass Cockpit, CNS/ATM systems, Data-Links, and ADS-B Out are a plus
- Planning/carrying out assignments for projects regarding, systems integration, which entail a variety of complicating factors, interaction with otherengineering specializations, and consideration of the lifecycle of items/systems
- BS mandatory/MSdesired in a Technical or Engineering related field - Preferably in Aviation, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering (will consider aeronautical, systems, and software engineering or management degrees)
- A strong background in military/DoD aviation acquisition program management/ engineering applications
- 7 years minimum of post-college, or 5 yrs. minimum post MSdegree
- Experience in systems integration and analysis of military hardware/software acquisition engineeringrequired
- If BS or MS is in a technical field other than engineering (math, science, etc.), candidatemust have a minimum of 10 years of post-college practical experience in an aerospace management related discipline.
- Government Level II Acquisition/Systems Engineering Certification
- Industry/Government experience equivalent to Certification
- Knowledge and experience in Operational Safety Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E) and AF Airworthiness Processes with Airworthiness certification
- Familiar with AFI 62-601, Developmental Engineering USAF Airworthiness, and MIL-HDBK-516B (expanded), and Airworthiness Certification Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with AF Test and Evaluation policies and procedures
- Experience with systems engineering design milestones in support of the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and/or support equipment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Current U.S. security clearance required; eligibility mandatory.
Req No. 2017-1133