Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. You will be responsible for the execution and success of multiple programs that are critical to Coinbase’s product strategy.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive readouts
- Create thorough functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Example programs you may project manage include: Launching Coinbase in a new market, working with Product to ship a new payment rail, digital asset, strategic initiative, or executing successful product content & Earn campaigns.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3 - 7+ years of technical program management experience at a technology company and/or in a technical capacity.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders inorder to drive alignement
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL